It’s time for a little celebration.
Today marks the last of my 30 days writing this blog series. Whoopee! I have managed to write a post every single day for 30 days. I’m very pleased with myself. If you look back at my blogging history prior to this episode, you will see just a handful of posts.
So what have I learned?
- Accountability – once you put your goal out there for others to see, you are much more likely to achieve it.
- Ship it – you don’t have the time to perfect every single post. You need to get them out there. As a former boss of mine use to tell me, “sooner rather than perfect!”
- Mindset – you can do anything you set your mind to. It’s a question of mindset and determination. Don’t give up, and see it through to the end.
- Discipline – it’s quite hard work to churn out articles on a daily basis. Especially if you don’t curate other peoples’ content but instead, write something original every day. That takes discipline to return to your home or hotel room after a heavy day to write.
- Roller-coaster – as with many things in life, there are ups and downs. I was really encouraged at the start, when I saw the traffic to my blog climbing sharply. It was a bit different when that trend didn’t continue. You have to take the rough with the smooth and adapt.
- Muscle – I’ve started to develop the writing muscle. There is at least one or two books in me. Having gotten into the habit of writing, I now want to continue. I like language and communication. My hope is you have enjoyed the posts enough to stick around and read what I produce in future.
- Confidence – thank you for the encouragement, support and engagement you have shown over the past 30 days. It has helped build my confidence and now I know I have a readership interested in my points of view and content.
What will I now do as a result?
- Celebrate – it’s time for me to down tools for a day or two and go celebrate the achievement. I’m really very pleased with myself and feel I deserve a reward.
- Continue – I now want to keep up the blogging. I am not going to post every day but I will set myself a schedule so posts come out on a regular basis.
- Consolidate – I will look at the analytics from the 30 days to see which posts were most read and most shared. That will aid me in working out the direction to head in.
- Calendar – I need a schedule to help me deliver content regularly. Also, I need to work out the best times in the week to sit and write content. Doing it every day is not sustainable.
- Curate – I will start to introduce other peoples’ content into my posts. I will share articles that relate to my topic(s) and work with that material.
- Contribute – My aim is to be invited to write guest posts on other people’s sites and blogs. If you are interested in a partnership, do please let me know.
- Cooperate – On a related note, I will also find people who want to speak to my audience and line up a few select guests to write for you on my blog.
In summary then, the time has flown by and I’m thrilled to have completed the challenge I set myself. Thank you for your support and encouragement. Please do share the posts with your friends and colleagues. You never know, maybe they’ll get the bug.
One last thing. I would like to thank my wonderful wife for giving me the inspiration in the first place. You are my rock and I am very proud of you! You are well on your way to 100 consecutive days walking 10,000 steps per day – and that’s just phenomenal. You are a star!
Have I inspired you?
Do you think you could do the same thing, and write for 30 days straight? I bet you can! All you have to do is read the first couple of posts in this series and ‘jump in‘. It’s that simple. Decide you’re going to do it and just start. Actions speak so much louder than words.
Please leave a comment below and do join the discussion on Twitter. Remember to use the hashtag: #CHA30DayChallenge – especially if you start your own 30-day challenge.
If you have enjoyed reading my posts, just type your email address in the box at the top of the page or on the right. You will receive a weekly digest of my posts, no spam – simples!